Monday, March 31, 2014

EGG-CELLENT Spring Bulletin Board

What an excellent month!  I got to check off not one but 2 things from my bucket list.  Not only did I post my first freebie on TPT but I also posted my first product too!  Woo hoo...nothing like that feeling of following through. 
It's been such an adventure trying to figure things out.  I'm grateful to the experienced bloggers out there like Erica Bohrer who have posted such explicit explanations.  If you are new to TPT I highly recommend you check out her amazing post. 

I have quite a few TPT projects in the works and wasn't expecting to post a bulletin board idea but we recently made a collaborative one at my school for St-Patrick's Day and I loved the finished product and wanted to do something similar.  I had a vision of what I wanted but it didn't exist so I knew I'd have to make it.  I had naively (and I mean really, really naively) thought I could create something in less than an hour.  W.H.A.T_A_J.O.K.E!  I didn't keep track of how long it took me for my Egg-cellent craftivity but I'm thinking 5 hours.  How can that be?  You'd never know from looking. I mean, 5 hours for that?  Why yes, it's true.  People have told me that it will get easier and I'm sure it will but I am still a perfectionist and there's no cure for that.
My sweet son turned the big 5 this month too!  He has made me such a better person and teacher.  There's not a day that goes by that I don't thank the stars above for bringing him into my life.  His JK teacher pulled me aside after school to tell me what a happy boy he is and how much he's matured these last few months.  I couldn't agree more.  He actually asked to write the alphabet down today during center time.  My son writing the alphabet?  It's a dream come true for this proud teacher Mommy! 

Happy almost April friends!

Bryn


No comments:

Post a Comment